He is the father of Triton, Antaeus, as well as Polyphemus (in the myths he was the father of many others, but none were ever featured). He is technically the first god to appear on Xena: Warrior Princess, as he appears briefly in the opening sequence in the first 5 seasons when the narrator mentions "ancient gods".
Unlike most of the other Olympians, Poseidon rarely appears in conventional human form, appearing instead as a gigantic man-shaped construct of water, wearing a crown and bearing his trident. It is unknown if this is his true appearance; it is likely just an alternate form (like the Ares Monster) that he uses for intimidation.
Appearances and Mentions on Young Hercules Edit
1.13 - Forgery Edit
- Hephaestus mentions that Poseidon wants him to make another anchor. "You'd think he'd had enough of those already."
- Cheiron is naming the statues, and indicates one that is holding a trident as, "Neptune, God of the Sea".
- Neptune was the name that ancient Romans gave to the Greek god of the sea and earthquakes, Poseidon.
- Hercules tells Mila, "Well, Y-you could be the daughter of, like, you know, Poseidon, or Apollo, or..." "...or Zeus!" Mila chimes in.
- When Mila confronts Hercules, she asks, "What if my father turned out to be some god other than Zeus? Someone like, say, Hades or Poseidon... or even Ares?"
1.50 - Valley of the Shadow Edit
- Vendor Christine tries to sell a fishing pole. "You'll steal a fish from Poseidon's plate."
Poseidon is one of the more vengeful gods, as proven when Cecrops selected Athena over Poseidon as the patron god of Athens. Poseidon, rather than accepting the judgment, cursed Cecrops to roam the seas for eternity; Athena countered by blessing Cecrops with immortality so that he could find a way out (which he eventually did) (XWP "Lost Mariner").
Poseidon also cursed Ulysses while the hero was on his voyage home from the Trojan War. Ulysses was aided by Xena and Gabrielle (just like Cecrops) and eventually prevailed against the sea god (XWP " Ulysses").
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Poseidon has the Powers and Abilities of an Olympian god, but he has special connection and complete control over the water, the seas and oceans and all who inhabit it. is one of the most powerful Olympyc gods, the specials powers of Poseidon as god are:
Power over nature: Poseidon, is capable of creating vast storms and the elements associated with the weather.
Power over the water: is Poseidon's ability to control and create water on a large scale.
Super Strength: Poseidon strength is huge, when his use the water, to enhance its size.
Xena: Warrior Princess