Hercules and Iolaus first encountered Nebula when she and her crew landed on a deserted island in the Charybdian Sea to bury their treasure. The island was in fact inhabited by Arachne who killed all of Nebula's crew before Hercules and Iolaus were able to defeat her (HTLJ "Web of Desire").
When Hercules and Iolaus were summoned to help Gilgamesh in Sumeria, they sought transportation on Nebula's ship. During the course of the voyage and their time in Gilgamesh's Palace, Nebula and Iolaus fell in love. Iolaus convinced Nebula that she should stay in Sumeria and fight for women's rights (HTLJ "Faith").
When Gilgamesh, in service to Dahak, wanted to sacrifice a "Warrior Heart" he thought first to sacrifice Nebula but Iolaus saved her life by throwing himself in the path of a weapon meant for the princess. After Iolaus and Gilgamesh's deaths, Nebula stayed on as ruler of Sumeria (HTLJ "Faith").
When Hercules decided to travel to the Underworld in the hopes of restoring Iolaus to life, Nebula travelled with him. They journeyed down the Euphrates to the Temple of Dumuzi. During the journey, Nebula was injured in a zombie attack and briefly turned against Hercules. After Hercules killed Dumuzi, Nebula was restored to health (HTLJ "Descent").
- This article is a stub, or very short article, that is most likely incomplete and needs expansion.
Nebula is known for her tattoos. Iolaus recognized the "Eastern Calendar" tattooed on her arm while Hercules noted she had been in prison from a tattoo on her neck. She also has Poseidon's trident tattooed on her upper right arm (HTLJ "Web of Desire").
- Nebula was played by Gina Torres.
- "Nebula" is derived from the Latin word for "cloud". The term is most often applied to interstellar clouds of dust, hydrogen, helium and other ionized gases. Many nebulae are significant star-forming regions. Fittingly, Torres has gone from her Xenaverse roles on to have quite a successful career.
Episodes appeared in Hercules
- "Web of Desire" - Nebula
- "War Wounds" - Nebula
- "Faith" - Nebula
- "Descent" - Nebula
- "Darkness Rising" - Nebula
- "Let There Be Light" - Nebula
- "Redemption" - Nebula
- "Stranger and Stranger" - Nebula II