Mount Olympus in the Xena: Warrior Princess episode "Motherhood"
|Series|| Hercules: The Legendary Journeys|
Xena: Warrior Princess
|First Appearance|| Hercules and Xena - The Animated Movie: The Battle for Mount Olympus|
HTLJ "Let the Games Begin"
|Last Appearance||XWP "Motherhood"|
The interior of the mountain is hollow, with the summit of Olympus being held up by the Pillar of Olympus. Should the Pillar fall, then Olympus would crash down and hit the Earth with the force of a large comet, enough to at least disrupt the global climate and possibly knock the planet from orbit.("Full Circle")
- This article is a stub, or very short article, that is most likely incomplete and needs expansion.
- "Let the Games Begin" (seen from below)
- "Reunions" (interior first seen)
- "Full Circle" (hollow interior and underside seen)
- "God Fearing Child" (Zeus schemes to destroy Eve)
- "Looking Death in the Eye" (Athena plots to destroy Eve)
- "Motherhood" (final showdown between Xena and the gods
- "Ares on Trial" (Athena's courtroom seen)
Greek mythology also dictates that the Titans used the highest mountains in Greece as their thrones, with Cronos sitting on Mount Olympus itself.
After the Great Titanomachy, Olympus' Palace was constructed by the Cyclops, the gigantic one-eyed Titans who were freed by Zeus from the depths of Tartarus. In their gratitude, they gave Zeus his trademark thunderbolts. Hephaestus, the talented god of the smiths and the forge, created all the furnishings and artwork on Olympus, even making some of the chairs and tables able to move themselves in and out of the celestial hall.