When Leanna's village was beset by harpies, the villagers made a deal with Hades. Hades would take all of the harpies to the Underworld with him if Leanna would agree to live with Typhoon in his cloud castle to guard the last three un-hatched harpy eggs. She agreed. The last three harpies were named Fee, Fie and Foe-Fum by Typhoon (HTLJ "Beanstalks and Bad Eggs").
Behind the scenes
- All of the harpies in the Xenaverse were realized through CGI.
- The baby Harpies were created by Richard Taylor and WETA and were clearly an evolution of the Gremlins from the film of the same name.
- The mythological harpies were bird-like monsters with human female heads and torsos. Their name means "the snatchers". Hesiod called them "lovely haired" and claimed there were two of them, the daughters the sea-god Thaumas and the Oceanid Elektra. They were thus the sisters of Iris, the messenger of the gods. Hesiod named two, Aello and Ocypete, while Virgil added a third, Celaeno.
- Harpies in classical mythology were associated with wind and the sea. It was Dante Alighieri who placed them in the underworld in his Divine Comedy, penned many centuries after Hesiod and Virgil.
- The harpy recently reentered popular culture due to the success of the TV series Game of Thrones.